Look, we all have busy lives. If your inbox looks anything like mine it is inundated with emails of things that needed to be done yesterday. And each time you complete a task two more come in. I get it. You’re busy.
Studies show that a blog increases website traffic and lead flow. This could be one of the most important pages on your website. So my question to you is: why trust anyone else with it?
Here are 8 reasons you should take the time to write your own blog posts:
- No one knows your business better than you. You live, eat and breathe your business. There is just no one outside your company that knows your brand, knows your product or knows your business better than you. So who better to write about it?
- It saves money. By writing your own posts, you save money on hiring a freelance writer (said the freelance writer – doh).
- It saves time. I know that sounds counter intuitive seeing as most business owners or managers claim they “don’t have time” to be writing blog posts. But your posts don’t have to be long. They shouldn’t take you more than ½ hour or so to write. Which is the time it might take to walk to Starbucks for a latte on a busy morning. And if you’re writing them yourself, you’re saving time in iterations going back and forth with someone else.
- It’s fun. Once you start, I think you’ll find that it’s a great creative outlet for you and can be fun to explore. Plus its a great place to offer your opinions and share insights with your peers.
- You don’t actually even have to write. It’s as easy as using your iPhone to take a video of yourself, or someone from your business, speaking about a certain topic or discussion. C’mon you know you want to.
- You might learn something. Writing inspires inquiry.
- Your visitors are savvy. People know when they are being fooled. They know what is authentic and what isn’t. If you know your business and industry as well as I think you do, no one can talk about it better than you and your visitors will read that.
- Your competitors are doing it. Need I say more?
Here are some great sites to help start the creative juices flowing: